Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Holy Land Through Fresh Eyes

Our Bishop took several of our ministers who were ordained this past year, along with others who wanted to travel with them, on a basic Holy Land trip this past month. Our Board of Ministry helped with scholarships for those who were just ordained. I've always thought helping new pastors experience the land of the Bible is a great idea and am glad Bishop Taylor (and the Board) did this.

Somewhat as evidence of how such a trip can impact one's ministry is the blog put up by friends Brad and Megan Gray. Both were ordained last year and Brad once served as a pastor at Trinity with me. I don't know which one wrote the blog, of if both did, and I guess it really doesn't matter. But is it a good short capture of their trip that conveys excitement and emotion. I hope their blogging experience will inspire them to do more posts. Check their pilgrimage out here.

No comments: