Friday, October 3, 2008

Kids Take You at Your Word

Early this week I did the chapel for our Day School. I printed a "Lost Dog" poster and took it as my prop. I talked about how we go looking for a lost pet because we love it. I talked about Jesus' story of the shepherd looking for the lost sheep and how God loves us and goes looking for us.

Last night a mom of one of the three-year olds told me she was pleased to report that the children really listen in chapel (something I honestly wasn't sure actually was happening.) She took her kids to the fair and told them they had to stay close to her so they wouldn't get lost. The three-year old said, "It's OK mommy, Rev. Taylor said that if I get lost, God will come looking for me."

3 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Cool!

(But I'd still recommend that she hold hands with her mom at the fair...)

roadtripray said...

Oh man, that's an awesome visual! Mind if I borrow the "lost dog" poster idea?

Peace,
Ray

Stephen Taylor said...

Anytime, Ray. I borrowed it myself!